Game Start Page
This presents the idea for the game, and
starts the process of discussing the code of the random level generator.
Rooms Data File
- dgnRooms.py - stores the room configurations.
Level Creation File
- dgnLevel.py - creates a faux matrix, (it is really just a
list), creates tunnels with random places designated as rooms, inserts the
rooms, then places the matrix into the dungeon.
Tile Creation File
- dgnTiles.py - This file creates the panels used as walls,
ceilings, floors. Both ceilings and floors are just one big piece, which
optomizes performance. This file works with dgnDungeon.py to create the
Dungeon Creation File
- dgnDungeon.py - Creates the dungeon using the
dgnTiles.py file, each wall is created based on its orientation, which speeds up
the building of the dungeon.
Player Creation File
- dgnPlayer.py - Creates the collision box, camera and
spotlight. The camera and spotlight are parented to the collision box.
The player is placed at a random position in the dungeon.
Player Logic File
- dgnLogic.py - Creates the controls for the movement of the
character within the dungeon. These are logic bricks, but are created via
The Main File
- Archeus.py - This is the main
file that runs all the other modules; this page also contains the file
- This is just a general purpose file I created, it is required, but I
consider it to be an all-around utility file rather than part of the game, but
you will find some usefull functions here.
Thi is probably the two functions that are the most useful,
they move within the matrix, based on the direction of travel.
The following functions get or set the elements in the
matrix. The real cool thing about them, is that if you have an
out-of-bounds value, they print the values to the console, which are a real help
when you are progamming.